See Why Scottsdale, Arizona Is One of the Country’s Best Places to Retire
Arizona has been named one of the 10 best states for retirement, as it offers seniors affordable living and a warm, dry climate with plenty of sunshine and recreation opportunities.
Scottsdale — home to Westminster Village retirement community —was also named the No. 1 best city to retire in the United States by Niche in 2023.
Here are some of the reasons why Scottsdale is the best place to retire in Arizona:
- Blue Zone City: Community, Business and Civic leaders are making improvements to officially designate Scottsdale as a Blue Zone city. Dan Buettner discovered nine key principles, called the “Power 9” factors, that make up Blue Zone communities where people consistently reach at least 100 years of age. All nine of these community, diet and relationship focused principles are easily available at Westminster Village’s continued care retirement community.
- Warm, Dry Weather: Scottsdale boasts a warm and sunny climate, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the mid-80s throughout the year.
- Active Outdoor Lifestyle: There are many outdoor recreational opportunities for active seniors, including golfing, hiking and cycling, as well as numerous parks and public spaces.
- High-Quality Health Care: Scottsdale is home to several of Arizona’s top-rated hospitals and health care facilities, ensuring residents have access to high-quality care. As a true Life Plan Community, Westminster Village features on-site assisted living and memory care at the Weyrich Health Care Center.
- Arts and Culture: The city is home to a thriving arts and cultural scene, with numerous museums, galleries and performance venues, as well as year-round festivals and events.
- Dining and Shopping: Scottsdale is known for its excellent dining and shopping options, offering a wide range of options — from fine dining and upscale boutiques to casual cafes and thrift shops.
- Proximity to Other Arizona Attractions: Scottsdale is located near many other popular destinations in Arizona, including the red rocks of Sedona, the snowcaps of Flagstaff, the saguaros of Tucson and the majesty of the Grand Canyon. This makes it an ideal home base for exploring the rest of the state. With easy access to several wonders of the world, it is no wonder Scottsdale is the best place in Arizona for seniors to live!
- Strong Community: Scottsdale is home to a tight-knit and supportive community of residents, who come together for events, festivals and other community activities and make it a welcoming place to call home.
Retire at One of Scottsdale’s Premier Retirement Communities
Westminster Village is perfectly situated near the heart of Scottsdale, AZ. The 16-acre campus has been designed to focus on natural beauty and plush landscaping. Our continuing care community offers countless activities throughout the year for residents to take advantage of nearby outdoor adventures, as well as the arts, music, shopping and dining scenes — both within our village and out and about in Scottsdale.
Westminster Village is also known for its warm and welcoming environment, where new neighbors quickly become old friends. Schedule your tour today.